Thursday 12 November 2015

Testing out Foaming options

In my chosen face chart I decided to make it so that there was foam coming out of my model's mouth to represent when snails create foam when they are feeling attacked. I wanted to include this because I thought it would add a different and fun texture and an aspect that people wouldn't have instantly thought of. I wasn't sure what product to use to create this effect so I experimented with different products until I found one I liked. 

I first tried bubble bath as it would create big bubbles to put on the face and I knew that it wouldn't harm the skin, seeing as it's used for the skin normally. I liked that this gave different sized bubbles, however my model felt like the bubbles were sliding down her face quite quickly. 

I next tried using washing up liquid. I liked that this have lots of different sized bubbles and it seemed to stay more attached to the skin, making it stay in place; however the bubbles started to disappear very quickly, which would mean I'd have to keep reapplying throughout shooting. 

I next tried using a mixture of calcium carbonate and lemon juice as this would create fizzing because it would be a mix of acid and aloline. This mixture created bubbles that were far too small and they disappeared very quickly, making them completely unsuitable for the foaming that I wanted.

I finally tried liquid hand soap which was definitely my favourite. The bubbles were very dense and thick looking and they stayed in place for a good amount of time, meaning I wouldn't have to keep re-applying the bubbles. The bubbles didn't pop quickly, again, meaning I wouldn't have to re-apply them. The product is also very safe on the skin because it is designed for usage on the skin. I was concerned about applying this on the lips; however my model said she couldn't taste anything horrible and that she felt comfortable with it on her lips. This is therefore the product I will be using for my human hybrid assessment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment