Saturday 21 November 2015

My Final Makeup, Hair and Body Charts

I am so happy that I did a text shoot of my hybrid because I noticed so many things that I otherwise wouldn't have noticed. I have made a lot of changes to my hybrid to improve it and not make it look so amateur, e.g. positioning of tentacles, hair and eye makeup etc. 

My Final Face Chart

This is my chosen face chart because I like how the positioning of the tentacles will show off their length and I like how I have contoured the face more to give it dimension. I think it looks like it could actually exist because I have added many snail characteristics, but still kept the human aspects such as the nose, eyes, lips etc. I like that I haven't distorted the facial features, but just added more because then it will look more human-like. I want my model to have her eyes closed in my final images because I want it to clear that my human hybrid does not see out of her human eyes, but her tentacles instead. In my practice images the tentacles weren't very visible, so I have re-positioned them so that they will either face up or down so you can see the length and shape of them. I will still use the technique of creating the tentacles with silicone but then adding on the eye with a glue gun because I really liked how they came out. I will make the bigger tentacles black and then blend them into the grey because my inspiration snail has black tentacles, but I will make the smaller tentacles a slightly darker grey than the rest of the face because my Polymita Picta snail's tentacles are the same colour as the face, but I wanted mine to stand out slightly more. 

I want the whole face and body to be a grey colour to mimic the grey colouring of the snail. I originally wanted to make the face look slightly textured, however after trying it out I think it looks too fussy and I want my hybrid to be very glossy and perfect looking. I will mix baby oil with grey supra colour to give the face a beautiful glossy finish and I will then add silver shimmer spray on top to give the skin more of a sheen. Even though snails don't have much definition to their faces, I still wanted to contour the face to give it some shape and some dimension; I will contour the nose in my final assessment because I think my model's face looked flat in my practice shoot. I will also highlight the face with a slightly lighter grey colour to emphasise the glowy look. I will not add any mascara or eyeliner to the eyes because I don't want them to draw any attention as they do not work. I will also fill in her eyebrows very slightly with a grey colour, very slightly darker than the rest of her face, to frame the eyes and keep that human aspect alive. I will make the eyebrows look wet to tie in with the shiny areas of her face. I want to line her lips with a dark grey to make them stand out slightly, to keep the human aspect of the mouth, and then blend it into the middle to create an ombre effect. I am not going to add the foam effect to my snail hybrid because I think it looks too fussy and I want my hybrid to be more glamorous and almost etherial. 

My Final Hair Chart

I want to make it look like when she was born the shell on her head fitted her, but as she got older and her head grew the shell began to crack. I want to use a bald cap because I think it will give the shell a more rounded shape and I won't have to worry about the hair getting in the way. I want it to look like the hair on my hybrid never grew so where ever the shell is cracked open needs to be grey underneath. This means I will colour the bald cap with the same shiny grey colour as the face and body because applying the shell on top. I am concerned that the shells on the head will look like a swimming hat so I have made some of the shell come forwards down her face and also down her neck slightly to get rid of that perfect shape. 

My Final Body Chart

I didn't like how the slime mixture took off some of the grey colouring on my model's chest and I didn't like how it looked quite over done. I have therefore decided to give my hybrid's body a very glossy, wet-look effect because it will look more flattering and it is more accurate to the finish to a snail's skin. I will mix some grey supra colour and baby oil and apply it all over the body (including arms and stomach) with a stippling brush. I will contour the collar bones with supra colour to give them more definition. I will then spray some shimmer spray all over her body to give it a glossy sheen. I think this combination of products will catch the light beautifully to make her look shiny. I will then add some baby oil over the top to drip down the face and body just before taking the photos to give the whole snail a very wet and slimy look. My model will wear a bandeau top that I made by plaiting leaves to cover her boobs. I wanted her to wear something that she could have made for herself in the rain forest and I thought that leaves would work well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment