Monday 16 November 2015

Adding the Eye to the Tentacles

I'm I ordered polymorph plastic and had practiced shaping them and I found it very easy to shape into the shape I wanted and quick to set; however when I tried to shape the tentacle eye and apply it to the silicone I didn't stick very well at all! This image below shows where I have shaped the plastic to the shape I wanted but then the eye is literally balancing on the silicone. This would mean that wen I applied it to the skin it would just fall off. 

I therefore tried to use just glue from a glue gun because it creates very smooth and clear coloured balls and it sets very quickly. When I applied the glue to the silicone it went on very smoothly and didn't disturb the silicone underneath. I did it in small sections at one time and moulded each bit of glue to the tentacle so that there was a smooth transition between each product. I made sure that I kept looking back at my image of a real snail tentacle to make sure it looked as realistic as possible. 
I really like the very shiny finish that the glue gave and how the glue was very smooth and even. I am hoping that the paint I put on top will stick well. I am excited to use these in my next makeup practice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment