Friday 6 November 2015

Anatomy of the Human Skull

Labelled Diagram of Human Skull.
PRAKASH, 2009. Skeletal System. In: The Human Body. 2 October 2009 [4 October 2015]. Available from: http://amazinghumanbody-prakash.blogspot.in/2009/10/skeletal-system.html

IZON, 2015. All I Can Be [6 November 2015]. Available from: 
http://www.allicanbe.com.au/anti-wrinkle-treatment/
The elements of the anatomy of the face which will common to both my hybrid and a human are the organs for eating, smelling and seeing. I will be making my hybrid's human eyes be blind because I want her to see out of her snail tentacles. Human eyes are kept in one position in the head socket, however they are able to change which direction they are looking in by rotating the eye in the eye socket. Snails have a lot more movement in their eyes as their eyes are on the end of their tentacles. They are able to move their tentacles all around and even extend and retract them, depending on whether they are trying to look for something or they feel threatened. I will be keeping the human mouth on my hybrid because she will have to eat things that maybe the snail's mouth would not be able to. Humans have their teeth along their gums, whereas snails have many teeth along their tongues. I will make the human no not work which means that my hybrid will smell out of its bottom set of tentacles, just like snails do. My human hybrid will be able to hear, which normal snails cannot, so her human ears will still be very present.

No comments:

Post a Comment