Thursday 29 October 2015

My Final Look: Assessment

Wound Close-Ups - No paint job


I am really happy with how my wound came out! I am really happy with how defined and detailed the teeth marks are and how there weren't effected by bubbles or anything. I also also really happy with how neatly I blended out the wound to blend it into the natural skin because there are no harsh lines or unwanted bumps. If I were to do this again, I would have spent more time colouring the latex so that it matched my model's skin tone as I think that would have made it easier to blend in; however I am happy with my paint job so I don't think this was an issue. 

Wound Close-Ups - With colouring

The top image shows the bite mark without any blood and lots of bruising, which is what I originally had designed the bite mark to look like. I added some foundation colour around the bite and all over the latex to make it blend in with the skin seamlessly and I am really happy with how it came out. If you look very closely, you can see some uneven latex round the bottom edge that could have been blended a bit more smoothly; however you wouldn't notice this unless you looked really closely. I really like how I added bruising all round the inside and outside of the teeth marks, using lots of different coloured and my fingers to make it look very uneven and realistic. I kept my research image in front of me at all times so that I could constantly refer to the image. I added a few colours in each tooth mark to give them dimension and depth. I added foundation colour on any parts where the latex separates the teeth so that they didn't loose their individual shape. I added some more purple bruising in the middle as this bit of skin would have been pinched and bruised; this is also what my research image looked like. 


I added some blood to my bite wound, after I had taken my final images, because I wanted to see what it would look like. I was really happy with how they came out and I think it was easier to use blood to make it look realistic because you can hide many errors with the thick blood. I like that the shininess of the blood adds more dimension, however it also means that the detailing of the grooves in the teeth are lost. I really like how the bite looks when blood is added; however I am glad that I chose not to rely on adding blood because it was a greater challenge for me. 

Mid Shot of my Character










I am so happy with how my character came out! I did a lot of researched in the effects of heroine abuse and I think it really paid off as I think the character looks very realistic. I am happy that I didn't use a base because her skin looks very natural and as if she isn't wearing any makeup at all. I used creams to contour and around the eyes to give her darkness which I think worked really well as, again, it looks very natural and realistic. The scabs on her skin are very prominent; however when I look back at my research images, there were very obvious so I am happy with how much focus they pull because they add character and show she is very run down. I added a lot of coconut oil in her hair and pulled some pieces forwards to make it look very thin and fragile and unhealthy so suit her depressed character. I think the oversized grey top works really well as it makes her look very grungy and messy and as if she dresses only for comfort and not to look attractive. I am really happy with how realistic the bite looks in these mid shot photos; the colours look very realistic and so does the sizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment