Tuesday 29 September 2015

Introduction to Special Effects

I am so excited to start this special effects unit! I have seen some of the work from the last few years of this unit and they are stunning and inspiring! Whenever I see films or TV shows where special effects has been used, I am always fascinated with how they achieved the look and what products they used. The only training I have had in special effects is last year, when creating my Miss Havisham character. I learned how to do basic ageing, burns, wounds and scarring and I really enjoyed the more arty and create side of it. I also learned how to do gashes from a YouTube video for my halloween look.

In this year of study, I hope to gain a greater understanding of prosthetics and how/when they can be used. I am hoping to understand what products to use and what combination of products to use to create different effects. I am looking forward to being able to manipulate the shape of someone's face, or make someone look badly injured, or change someone into a different species etc! I enjoyed maths and science at college so I am looking forward to measuring products and getting the right ratios etc. I am excited about being able to create new and unique design concepts and being able to execute them at a high standard. I love how passionate I am about this subject because it will mean that I will enjoy doing extra research into how things work and extra research into the products.

There is so much to learn within prosthetics so I hope that I don't find all the new information very overwhelming; I will just keep making notes and asking questions until my understanding is there. I am also nervous because we haven't got much time to learn a vast amount of techniques and products, so I will do my best to look into everything in as much detail as possible.

Southampton Solent, anon, Issue 3.
http://image.issuu.com/140519081450-01a7c14c
8231c30f9cf5e1af71cbbc9e/jpg/page_1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment